Even law firms and law departments that have well-developed performance evaluation systems for staff and junior lawyers often overlook the special development needs of the senior leadership team.
Who needs an executive performance evaluation?
We can design and deliver an executive performance evaluation for anyone in your firm or law department who has critical business development or management responsibilities, such as
- Senior Partner
- General Counsel
- Managing Partner
- law firm Chief Executive Officer
- law firm Executive Director
- practice group head
How is a Walker Clark evaluation different?
- We design each evaluation from the specific requirements of each executive's position description.
- Depending on the job, we reference approximately 18 to 25 specific behaviors and actions that have been demonstrated to link to superior financial and business performance for the organization.
- We not only examine the executive's behaviors, but also their impact on measurable business results.
- We solicit feedback on the executive's performance confidentially from a group of the executive's seniors and colleagues who are in the best position to provide specific information about performance and results.
- We offer an independent view that intersects the organization's unique culture and business environment with best practices in similar law firms or law departments..
- We deliver an extensive, in-depth written report and an on-site briefing to designated senior managers.
- We conduct an in-depth, action-oriented debriefing meeting to the executive.
- We help the executive to write and implement his or her development plan, as well as advise management on the most effective ways to support the executive's efforts to achieve the best business and professional results.
a commitment to one of your most important assets
A Walker Clark executive performance evaluation is an extensive, in-depth process, not a snapshot. It usually takes 45 to 90 days, depending on the complexity of the issues involved.
We charge a fixed fee, which usually includes all expenses and disbursements. We also offer substantial discounts if we are engaged to evaluate more than one executive in the same organization.
Senior leaders and managers are precious resources in any business -- and especially in the legal profession. Protect that investment with an independent performance evaluation from Walker Clark.